From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Past NIWeek Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Speakers - Session Room A/V Specifics

If your session is in Rooms 11-19, we will be using Eiki LC-WUL 100.  Panel resolution LCD panel system 0.76 TFT Active Matrix type, 3 panels with 1,920 x 1,200 dots.  Number of pixels 6,912,000. Signal compatibility color system PAL, SECAM, NTSC, NTSC4, PAL-M and PAL-N.  CD/HD TV signal 480i, 480p, 575i, 575p, 720p, 1035i, 1080i and 1080p.

If your session is in Room E, F or G, we are using the Barco RLM-W8.  It's resolution is 1,920 x 1,200 16:10.

Message 1 of 5
(4,996 Views)

I will say that I was dissapointed in the setup in room E. NI provided the powerpoint template in wide format so the presentation go all squashed. Also, I could not see my presenter notes. If these things could be addressed for next year, it would improve the experience for the presenter and attendees.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,831 Views)

Thanks for your feedback. We will do our best to improve next time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,824 Views)

@d_white wrote:

Also, I could not see my presenter notes.

Not sure if this was the case with you or not, but in some cases you cannot have Duplicate screens and have notes be shown.  Instead you have to have Extend.  Otherwise Windows doesn't always know which monitor is the projector and which is your computer if they are both just supposed to present the same image.  This might be tied to the power point version, Windows version, or graphics drivers.  The different aspect ratios is kinda crappy and should be standardized as I thought it was already.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,821 Views)

At least in Room 15, we had all kinds of problems using the "Extended" option with our laptops.  The projector seemed to prefer having the "Duplicate" setup.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,811 Views)