NI Home > Community > NI Discussion Forums
LockheedJoe
0 Kudos

Re: NI Week on the inexpensive plan

Yes I have seen that link...in fact...I may have been the one who sent it to you. You're from LM MFC Orlando, right?

Travis (Your NI Rep) should have sent you something on an LM MFC only thing on Tuesday evening.

"Lockheed" Joe
Testing Blog"
Joji
0 Kudos

I am not sure about Hotels. But as far as advice for the future about getting into NI Week. Talk to your local Field Sales Engineer.  You can get vouchers/discounts for NI Week if you sign up for certain events like NI Developer Days as well as give presentations at User Groups.  Sometimes this changes every year but start talking to your rep at the first of the year to see what you can do. Also, if you are using NI's tools a lot at your workplace, you may want to see if you could help present at NI Week at one of the sessions. This would then get you an automatic NI Week pass and sometimes you can get your company to pay for your trip because it shows them in a good light.
Joji
LockheedJoe
0 Kudos

Thanks Joji, I did make it to NI Week, full conference. I was thinking of trying to present next year.
"Lockheed" Joe
Testing Blog"
Knight of NI
Ray.R
0 Kudos

How do you get in the loop to do a presentation?

Hi Joe,

Best thing to do is to engage your local Field Sales Engineer early (like now for "2009") and tell him you would like to present.  Typically, session topics are chosen for their intristic value, unique implementation of NI products, use of new products, and alignment with the theme of NIWeek for the given year, etc.  Anyway, have a discussion your rep and you can probably flesh out a plan to engage Corporate Marketing to see what kind of things you are doing that would interest others. 

Joji
Knight of NI
Ray.R
0 Kudos

Thanks Joji.