From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI VideoMASTER and NI AudioMASTER

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

audiomaster

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I'm working with TestStand, AudioMASTER and PQA, I need to do some tests to digital audio to a Set-top-box with HDMI. Main tests I need are jitter and eye pattern. Can I do these tests with AudioMASTER 

Je travaille avec TestStand et AudioMASTER, j’ai besoin de faire des tests d’audio numérique à une set-top-box avec sortie HDMI. My signal is a single tone at 1KHz and 0dBFS. Les principaux tests sont les mesures de jitter et eye pattern. Est-il possible de faire genre de tests avec AudioMASTER or PQA? 

Thanks

Carolina.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(10,562 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carolina1

Carolina, it sounds like you are more interested in HDMI physical layer testing.

Physical layer (PHY level) testing is typically needed for compliance testing of digital interfaces like HDMI, SDI, and DVI. It includes rise times, fall times, eye diagram analysis, jitter, on/off analog levels, and other tests. These kinds of measurements require a very high end oscilloscope or other solution. The PXIe-1491 and our legacy PXI-2172 can perform picture quality, audio, static video (test patterns), CEC, and EDID analysis.  However, neither our Multimedia Test hardware or software products provide coverage for physical level testing.

Paul Davidson
National Instruments
Product Owner - ni.com Chat
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(10,559 Views)

Hi,

Ok, I understand your response. I have the PXI 6545, PXI 2172, PXI 7813 and CB2180. I send a 1kHz, 0dBFS single tone to test features as THD, SNR, phase difference, amplitude ratio, amplitude, frequency but I dont find a standard or recommendation (ITU, EBU, SMPTE) to know whether my results respect the tolerances.

Thanks

Carolina 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(10,553 Views)

Hi Carolina1, please see my response to your other thread.

Thanks!

Paul Davidson
National Instruments
Product Owner - ni.com Chat
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(10,549 Views)