From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI VideoMASTER and NI AudioMASTER

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VideoMASTER Installation on a Different Drive

Anyone here know how to install VideoMASTER on a different drive.  I have a small SSD driver where my main OS resides and another disk drive for all of my applications.  When I run the VideoMASTER installer (v3.2) it does not give me the option to install on a different drive?  Anyone know a workaround for this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(9,377 Views)

Here is some additional information.  This problem has morphed into another more serious problem.  At the end of the installation I get a error message, as seen below. 

Untitled2.png

This may have to do with me having 2 drives.  I have 2 solid state drives, one is for my OS and the other is for my applications. 

When running the installation I notice that I can not explicitly request where I want VMS to be installed as seen in the image below; this was my original post problem.  You will notice that the directory for VMS is blank and the browse button is grayed out.

INSTALL1.png

When I click on the Disk Cost I see the pop up window shown below.  I thought it was odd that both drives will be affected from the VMS installation.  After seeing this, I click close and hit the next button to continue the installation with NI's static VMS setup settings and at the end is when I see the error pop up window that I mentioned above.

INSTALL2.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(9,375 Views)

Hi DaniellD,

From the second image you provided, it looks like VMS is already installed on this computer.  NI VMS 3.2 is highlighted and the message on the right side of the window says "This feature will remain on the local hard drive."  You could check this in NI License Manager by going to the Start Menu and then navigating to All Programs >> National Instruments >> NI License Manager.  If it is installed on this computer, then it should show up under Local Licenses as Video Measurement Suite 3.2.

I believe the browse button is grayed out because the installer is not looking to install VMS again.  If it is not installed in the location you want, I recommend uninstalling using the control panel and then reinstalling in the desired location.

The 1612 error is an error that tends to show up more often during an uninstallation, so let us know if you still encounter that error when uninstalling.

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(9,359 Views)