From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI VideoMASTER and NI AudioMASTER

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image operation

Hello everybody,

I am trying to do a simple task yet I have been unable to complete it successfully.

I have an avi video and I want to extract a particular frame from it, then I want to subtract this frame to other frames in the video, this could be helpful for instance to remove the background from a video. The video corresponds to a bubble that grows and collapses in a few frames.

I am able to do the subtraction from operation (i.e.. Frame 2 - frame 1); I then convert the resulting image to a grayscale image (SSL) with the IMAQ cast image VI/ However, the resulting image is all black. I expected to see the difference between the two images as a dark ring that shows the growth of the bubble and not only a black image. 

Can somebody give me a hand with this problem?

I am attaching the VI and the video(Test.avi). 

Rob

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,963 Views)

Hi Roberto83

You probably have to allocate memory for both Frame A and B by using IMAQ Create.

See attached VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,949 Views)

Thank you for your assistance Vegemite.

I was unabel to open the vi because I am using version 8.5, by any chance can you save it a an 8.5 version.

Thanks again

Rob 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,946 Views)

Hi Rob

here is 8.5 version of VI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,932 Views)