NI VideoMASTER and NI AudioMASTER

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1 occurred at C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\VideoMASTER\bin\VideoMASTER.dll\Check Data Size.vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Interestingly I think you've solved my issue all around.

Here is something to consider.  I remember now that when we had VMS 3.1 on the machines on Machine A I ran the initialize VI just by itself.  That's why my code worked on Machine A.  I never ran that initialize VI on Machine B.  I wonder if that was the difference?

Now I can run anything without the initialize VI just fine (VMS 3.2.1 now).

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(5,912 Views)

In 2013 before initialize:

Error 1 occurred at C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI VMS\bin\nivms.dll\Check Data Size.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @.
=========================
NI-488:  Command requires GPIB Controller to be Controller-In-Charge.

After Initialize (oh sorry... Initialise.VI  lol) :

Works like a champ.  Even without Initialise in the VI.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(5,911 Views)

Jigg, at a high level, I believe this unexpected behavior is...expected.  We need the Initialize to do some work in the background for getting a session started.  Once it has been called once, and that's loaded into memory, then it we are good until LabVIEW closes and cleans up its memory space.  To be clear, it looks like you now have an appropriate workaround.  If you do go back to VMS 3.1 and continue to have other issues, then I would still suspect the licensing issue that I was initially pointing out.  We can still resolve that for you with a workaround, if we need to.  Let us know if there's anything else we can do.  We'll be filing a bug report on the crash behavior that you've seen here.

Thanks,

Paul Davidson
National Instruments
Product Owner - ni.com Chat
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(5,899 Views)