NI VideoMASTER and NI AudioMASTER

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the VideoMaster Video Binary Files be saved as bitmap files instead?

Hi,

When I run VideoMaster it only seems to capture files to be saved as .vbf files.  I am not familiar with this standard and suspect that a large amount of data is compressed.

All the frames on the product that I am testing are I -Frames and I wish to compare these frames.  Since a .bmp file is uncompressed, I reckon this would be the best way/ simplest way to compare two files.

Any capture cards I have used previously allow the video/ grabs to be save as bitmap files. 

Is there a way of saving the files as .bmp files instead of .vbf using Videomaster? 

Thanks,

Sean

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(8,671 Views)

Hi Sean,

VideoMASTER .vbf to Bitmap

This is actually a feature that will be released in the upcoming VideoMASTER 3.0, which is to be released soon. The feature will allow to save the image in the video buffer to one of the following formats:

.bmp

.png

.jpg

In the case of analog video, it will take the first frame, if more frames are acquired, and save that to disk. In case of digital, we only acquire s single frame, so it is that frame that is being saved. The feature can handle analog video such as Composite video, S-Video and Component video, and in the case of digital, it will save the digital image. All formats are saved as 8-bit of RGB information.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(8,657 Views)

Hi Christian,

Do you have a planned release date for the VideoMaster 3.0?

TIA,

Sean

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(8,654 Views)