VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

veristand

Is it possible to get the veristand system definition errors and warnings through the .Net API ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,778 Views)

Hello matcy,

After doing some researches, I found the information that regarding the VeriStand System Definition API, Error reporting is terrible for now. Some improvements are planned but I can't tell you exactly when.

Currently several methods in the system definition API can fail, but the information available to the user consists of a pass/fail. Currently, when a failure occurs, there is no indication why the failure occurred.

I found you a simple System Definition API that you can download and take a look at it :

VeriStand Simple System Definition API : https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-26812

The following tree shows the navigational hierarchy of the NI VeriStand System Definition API : http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372846F-01/vsnetapis/api_hierarchy/

Regards,

Jérémy C.
NI France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,753 Views)

Hello JeremyC,

thanks for your reply.

What I would like to do is, from C# langage, call the veristand system definition .NET API in order to check a system definition file

in the same way as the system explorer does when you click on the Error / Warning icon , and get the results in my application.

Which classes/methods should I call to do that ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,747 Views)

Hello again,

Depending on the VeriStand version that you use, you'll find the System Definition API help to a location similar to this one :

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\VeriStand 2011\Help

You should find a "veristandsdapi.chm" file which contains Methods/Properties that you want.

Regards,

Jérémy C.
NI France

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,740 Views)

JeremyC,

I have searched for this information in the veristandsdapi.chm, but didn't find anything in the 2011 nor the 2012 version.

For RealTimeSequence, there is a compiler class which returns CompilationEvents.

The StimulusProfile class has a method CheckForErrors(), which also returns CompilationEvents

But I didn't find an equivalent method for system definition, although the system explorer does the job.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,732 Views)

As I wrote it in my first answer, except the following method, I don't think there are other error mechanisms fror now :

SaveSystemDefinitionFile Method (String)

Regards,

Jérémy C.
NI France

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,719 Views)

hello,

i've somme problems with my ni veristand

so i have three models and i have to import theme into veristand to develop my interface but one of the models is an AMSEIM LMS model

my question is how can i importe an .ame or amesim model in veristand

please i need your help

Nacim. OULD-OUALI
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,704 Views)

plz answer me you just visit the question

give me some advice or help i'm waitting

Nacim. OULD-OUALI
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,683 Views)

Hello chauvesouris,

You posted a new question. You need to create a new post if you wish to be helped.

Regards,

Jérémy C.
NI France

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,675 Views)