VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

veristand Waveform/Single Point log synchronization

Hello,

Running Veristand on a NI-PXIe8108 chassis.  

We are trying to syncronize our waveform logs against our single point logs and are having issues figuring out how to do this.

Waveform logging is being performed on a PXI4497 card.

Single point logging is being performed on a PXI6259 card.

We are sending a single pulse from the same source to both cards so we have data that we can attempt to sync. We have tried including the "Logging Enable" variable used for starting the Waveform logging in our single point logs along with the system time so we can line up the start and stop times but this is not working.  The delta between the two logs is varying from about 1.5 seconds to over 10 seconds. 

Wondering if anyone might have any suggestions as to what we are doing wrong or a better solution?

New to the Veristand/Labview world so please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,256 Views)

Hello,

Please could you clarify how you are measuring "The delta between the two logs is varying from about 1.5 seconds to over 10 seconds"?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,240 Views)

Attached is one of our runs.  The Y axis is system time. X axis has scaling applied.

Same pulse applied at the same time does not line up.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,198 Views)

Hello bbedell,

I know this is an older thread but did you ever find a solution?

rdkroupa

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,956 Views)

Hello rdkroupa,

We never did figure out a solution that I was really happy with.  We just created a labview program to syncronize the timing of the log files.  We stopped work on this before we really got it working properly.  We are restarting the program again though so this will need to be dealt with.  If we come up with a solution I will post it into this message.

bbedel

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,924 Views)

Is the sampling frequency the same on both cards?

Where does your timing on x-axis come from? Try to save System Time and also System Time Microsseconds.

Guilherme Correa
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,906 Views)