VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

veristand %2F labview RT deployment issue

Hello,

so i have a pxi running pharlap. On the software side im working on 2 projects one on Veristand and another on Labview. The issue im facing is : when i work on the Labview project which is a real time project, i dont have any issues deploying the hardware and running my application. All i do is basically stop the veristand run time engine and deploy the labview project. But after working on the Labview project, when i try to deploy the verisatnd project i have so many deployment issues. Mostly because of database aliases. I'm at time using the same can database  aliases on both the projects. I assume there should be no issues because at any given time the aliases are either used by the labview run time engine or the veristand run time engine. Not only this, there is also issues on the veristand project, the mapped signals in the veristand project throws many errors. I always have to remove the dbc aliases and recreate aliases and re-map all the signals. Not only this, i also have to re-install veristand run time engine form the MAX and even worse is it still doesnt works. Lastly im also re-depolying the old pxi image that was backed up during the initial set up. Only by following all the above steps im able to get my vsproj up and running. 

I dont really know why is there such a bottleneck when using multiple tools to drive the hardwrae. This is really annoying and frustrating. Please let me know if there is a standard protocol to follow or if im doing something wrong.

Regards

Jay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,062 Views)

Hi Jay,

When you start up a RT target that has NI VeriStand RT engine installed, the engine runs automatically. The reason why this runs automatically is because there is a real time executable called NI VeriStand.rtexe stored in the RT start up folder and there is a key in the ni-rt.ini set to launch that from that real time excutable. Before you run a non NI VeriStand VI in the RT system you need to disable this key, and in order to disable this key you need to check the BIOS of the RT target and select the option Disable Startup VI, and reboot the target. That way the NI VeriStand.rtexe will not run automatically.

It is possible that by not doing this the NI VeriStand RT Engine gets corrupted when the other project is deployed. See the following link as reference:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/7A6785AF644703088625762F00428BED

Regards,

Pedro M.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,046 Views)