cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

starting VeriStand fom LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey Guys,

I installed VeriStand a few Days ago and now I would like to connect LabVIEW and VeriStand.

I already explored how to run a stimulus profile in an open VeriStand Workspace from a LabVIEW VI.

Now I would like to open & run the Workspace (like the "run project"-button at the VeriStand Getting Started Window).

Does anyone know how to do that?

I have attached my current Status, but I guess I don't use the right VIs.

Frank

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,328 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author frankkremer

There is a set of VIs you can use to do this. They are not on the palette, but you can find them in the NI VeriStand folder under vi.lib at <LabVIEW>\vi.lib\NI VeriStand\Execution\Project.

There are VIs to open a project, run it, open the workspace, etc.

The VIs you are using only control the System Definition, not the VeriStand Project and the Workspace.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 7
(7,311 Views)

Thanks, I will try this first thing on monday.

have a great weekend!

Message 3 of 7
(7,304 Views)

Hello All,

I'm also trying to start VeriStand from LabView but I can not.

I tried to use "OpenProject" but the result is the one you see attached.

Can you help me please?

Thank you very much

monica

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,834 Views)

Use the System Exec function in LabVIEW to start the NI VeriStand application. Just pass in the path to the NI VeriStand.exe file. After that, you can call OpenProject to open a specific project from there. Just note that it will take VeriStand a few seconds to initialize once the exe is started, so if get error 1172 again, wait a few seconds and try calling OpenProject again.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,828 Views)

Thank You very much Jarrod!

....excuse my ignorance but are not practical of command line, would you be so kind to tell me the command to send?

thanks again

monica

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,822 Views)

Hello everyone,

I used to open the NI VeriStand the "constructor node" with the process but I can not open the project; can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,751 Views)