VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

start up procedure fails when alarm is edited

My Watchdog models activated by the 'Wakeupstand' procedure will no longer run "on start up" after I added two rows (..'101', '102') to the 'Stop' procedure.  Why?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,403 Views)

Hi KB_GenMtrs,

It's hard to tell exactly what is happening by only looking at the SDF.  But, here are some things that I've noticed.

"Wakeupstand Procedure" writes to your watchdog enable channels.

"Stop Procedure" also writes to these channels.  The upper limit is set to 0, is that intended?

I'd venture to guess that the "Stop Alarm" may be firing off unintendedly.  Can you verify whether or not this alarm is tripped at start up?

Che T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,373 Views)

Hi Che,

The 'stop' procedure runs when the user channel goes above the upper limit of 0, to a value of 1.  It is firing off, but due to lack of data from a device (ECU) that I just need to power up 'on start up.'   To power it, I wanted to run a 'on start' procedure, or even set the model input defaults to '1.' Neither works reliably.  Are there published issues in VS2011 on alarms and procedures that are fixed in VS2012?

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,366 Views)

Hi Kevin,

My apologies, I wasn't very clear on that.  I meant to ask whether the "Stop Alarm" was being tripped off unintentionally when your system definition begins running.  To make sure that we're on the same page, can you verify the following behavior:

-Without adding those lines to the "Stop procedure", you can reliably enable your watchdog models on startup

-Once you add those lines to the "Stop procedure", your watchdog models don't enable from the startup procedure.

-Setting the models to default to "1" doesn't work in either of the cases

A couple of questions I had were:

1) What do you mean by "doesn't work reliably"?  Are you seeing instances where the watchdog channels is enabled sometimes, then disabled on other times?

2) How are you verifying whether the watchdog was enabled?  Are you just monitorin the channel in the workspace?  Or are you visibly inspecting whether the system resets or not?

3) If you were to only add '101' or '102' to the "Stop procedure", do you see that one watchdog is enabled, but the other is disabled?

Che T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,347 Views)