VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reflective memory setup in Veristand

Solved!
Go to solution
  1. Deleting items from the SDF does nothing unless you deploy it to the target, so we will have to do that to test this. However, it just occured to be that before you do that... you probably want to back up your calibrations. In NIVS before version 2012, the calibration file was stored on the target. So you should FTP in and get the .nivscal file from the NIVS directory and save it on your computer somewhere. Then after making these tests you can always FTP that file back to the target and redeploy to restore your calibrations.
  2. I mean physically swap them by removing them from their chassis and putting them in the other chassis. This will require resetting up a lot of software, but that is exactly what I want to test to see if that fixes it. You could make a backup of the systems before you do this by taking a system image of both: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14190/en
  3. You just right click the target in MAX and select reformat. It will do everything for you. Make sure you FTP off any data logs, calibration files, or anything else important first. Alternatively you can make an image of the target before you do this: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14190/en
Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 54
(680 Views)

Right now we're using the system for a test station calibration. It might be a day or 2 before I can try your suggestions.

Here are some questions I have:

1. As far as the controller swap - currently, I have Controller 1 sending the start trigger to Controller 2. Would it be effectively the same as a swap If I reverse the hardware timing configuration (Controller 2 sends start trigger to Controller 1 -make the master the slave), or is there more to it than that?

2. Reformatting the controllers - When you say the Reformat will do everything for me -it will reformat the drive and then reload everything that's needed? I will only have to ftp any saved cal/data files?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 54
(665 Views)

1. yes

2. no. you will need to reinstall software to the target via MAX.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 53 of 54
(662 Views)

for #1 you should keep in mind after the controller swap you will need to go in to max for each controller and make sure all the hardware enumerated correctly and rename any as needed to match your nivs system definition file.

for the sysdef you should just be able to change the IPs for each controller

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 54 of 54
(661 Views)