VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reflective memory setup in Veristand

Solved!
Go to solution

I included the deployment dialog and Console Viewer screenshots from both controllers. The Console Viewer has bootup text followed by deployment text.

Thanks,

PatM

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 54
(3,236 Views)

OK great this is very helpful. First, I noticed your system deploys now and runs. That is great. Did you make any changes to achieve this?

Second, I notice that DAQmx read is throwing this error and therefore I could look up some detailed information about the cause and possible resolutions. Thanks for your patience. At a high level, this is because the hardware is generating data into a buffer faster than the custom device is emptying it. I think I haven't seen this before because I haven't had a system as full as yours to test with... and I have made a change to the code to attempt avoiding this error. Can you try it out (attached) and let me know if it fixes it? If so, I'll post it to the 433x download page officially. Just rreplace the existing like named files in your timing and sync dir on your host computer

Some questions just so I know more if I need to:

• What loop rate are your targets set it?
  • What priority is the 433x device set at?
  • What CPU is the 433x device assigned to?
  • What acquisition rate is the 433x device set at?

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 54
(3,231 Views)

Replacing the 433x files in the Timing and Sync folder seems to have corrected the overwrite error as it no longer shows up in the deployment text. That’s good.

To answer your questions;

1. PCL loop rate for both targets is  1000 Hz.
  2. Priority is Low.
  3. Assigned to CPU 3.
  4. Hardware Rate is the default setting (-2 = max).

If you scroll back in this thread a few posts, after I got the system configured for hardware synchronization, I had an issue with deploying the SDF when the “Turn Off hardware timing” checkboxes for my AI modules were unchecked. The deployment times out waiting for a sync pulse. We tried increasing the the “TL timeout” value and then focused in on this 433x error that we were seeing.

The reason I can currently deploy is because I have the checkboxes checked on all my AI cards. I unchecked them after putting in the 433x fix and it is still an issue.

FYI –The M-series PXI-6259 I mentioned in a previous post was from the NI loaner pool. I have since replaced it with a PXIe-6341. So I now have a PXIe-6341 in slot 10 of each chassis. Chassis1 6341 sends a start trigger to Chassis2 6341.

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 54
(3,217 Views)

Sounds good.

Referencing message 38:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-VeriStand/reflective-memory-setup-in-Veristand/m-p/2591975#M3192

Looking at your log of controller 1 there is a very strange error -88717 at the begining of the log right after the system boots and NI VeriStand starts up.

1. Do you have your system definition file set to start at boot? (Go to system initialization page)
  2. Do you still see this error now that the 433x error is resolved?
  3. Can you attach your system definition with your latest updates?
  4. Can you get new screenshots?

Thanks

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 54
(3,206 Views)
Right now I have “Wait for Deployment” selected in System Initialization. The -88717 error still shows up after boot up. The fact that it calls out PXISlot10 suggests that it could be the source of this problem since PXISlot10 is the source of the start trigger. Attached is all the boot up/deployment text and the current SDF. Thanks, PatM
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 54
(3,197 Views)

You forgot the attachment.

Yeah that is really odd. I haven't ever seen that before. Something is clearly trying to access it but I have no idea what. Perhaps try physically swapping the controllers so the master becomes the slave.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 54
(3,195 Views)

Let me try this again...

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 54
(3,192 Views)

I think I know the issue. I just filed NI VeriStand CAR 433376 about it. I will send you a new 433x custom device that might work around it.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 54
(3,187 Views)

Actually no, thats not it. My last change I gave you that fixed the error should also work around this NIVS bug.

Still a mystery to me.

1. Can you save as this system definition and delete everything out of controller 1 except PXI1Slot10?
  2. Can you try swapping controllers?
  3. Can you try reformating controller 1?
Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 54
(3,186 Views)

1. I backed u p the SDF and deleted everything out of controller 1 except PXISlot10. I rebooted the controllers and am still seeing the -88717 error.

If you want me to deploy it that way, I would need to delete most everything in controller 2 as well because there is a lot of data being passed back and forth between the two.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by swap controllers.

3. Reformatting controller 1 is a scary thought. If there is good reason for doing it, I would need to be stepped through the whole process.

Thanks,

PatM

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 54
(3,182 Views)