cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reflective memory setup in Veristand

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a sytem with 2 PXIe-1075 chassis' each having it's own PXIe-8133 controller along with multiple analog and digital I/O modules. There is also a reflective memory network installed using 2 GE Fanuc pmc-5565PIORC memory cards -one in each chassis. I'm using NI Veristand 2011 and currently I am displaying the Ring Read Late Count status channels for both controllers and they are both incrementing as long as the SDF is deployed. According to a NI white paper on distributed systems there should be no counts on these channels. There are a couple of configuration pages in Veristand (Reflective Memory Configuration and Reflective Memory Network Configuration) with little explanation of the settings or how they affect the performance of the RM network.

Is it possible to get information on how to properly set these up?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 54
(7,521 Views)

The late counts probably indicate a synchronization issue. See http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14637/en

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 54
(7,512 Views)

Do I need to have a chassis Master in both chassis' for hardware syncing?

Currently I have a DAQ card and FPGA in chassis 1 with the DAQ designated as the Chassis Master and no Chassis Master in chassis 2.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 54
(7,448 Views)

correct. you will need something to clock the 2nd chassis

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 54
(7,446 Views)

A picture (screenshot) is worth a thousand words.

I get this error when I try to deploy:

Error Message

Here are screenshots of controller and chassis setups:

Controller 1

Controller 1 Setup

Chassis 1

Chassis 1 Setup

Controller 2

Controller 2 Setup

and finally, Chassis 2

Chassis 2 Setup

PXI1Slot10 is a PXIe-6341 Multiunction DAQ

PXI2Slot6 is a PXIe-4300 Analog Input

Do you see anything wrong here?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 54
(7,441 Views)

Thanks for the pictures.

The error is complaining one of your custom devices is not executable. Which device? The error doesnt show. Could be a missing driver or something.

You can leave your controller on automatic timing. That will pick DAQ automatically since DAQ is your chassis timing master.

Your start trigger configuration is wrong. You are exporting and importing a start trigger on RTSI/PXI_Trig lines which are internal to the chassis. That is incorrect. You must export/import from one DAQ card to the other. Please consult the document I linked (http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14637/en). Scenario 2 is exactly what you want to do: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14637/en#2.HardwareTimedSinglePointDAQandFPGAMultipleChassis

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 54
(7,437 Views)

Stephen,

Thanks for your reply.

As you suggested, I put my controllers back to automatic timing and then configured the start trigger export/import exactly like scenario 2 in the linked white paper. When I try to deploy, I get the following error:

Invalid Terminal Error

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 54
(7,405 Views)

What is the error code?

what model of daq device is pxi1slot6? It might not have that terminal. Pick a different PFI by seeing what terminals the device has in MAX. If it has no PFIs then select a different card, one that has PFIs, as your veristand chassis timing master.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 54
(7,400 Views)

Double post sorry

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 54
(7,400 Views)