From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"set target reboot action" doesn't work, why?

Solved!
Go to solution

There is a "set target reboot action"  item in the SDF file. I set it to "Run System Definition".

question.jpg

But it doesn't work. I don't know why. It seems that when the project is undeployed, the SystemDefinitionData.nivscfg file is removed.

q2.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,193 Views)

Hey hm7,

Are you sure that there was already a system definition deployed onto the target before you switched the Reboot Action? If there isn't already one deployed then it will have nothing to run on startup. 

Tim A.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,174 Views)

I am sure there is a sdf file in the C:\ni-rt\niveristand , I can see it from network browser.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,162 Views)
Solution
Accepted by hm7

Undeploy will stop the configuration and mark it unactive.

If you reboot the RT target by HW button or through channel "System Channels/System Command" while configuration is active, it will start the configuration again after reboot.

Jiri K.

CLA, CTA, CLED

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,151 Views)

We experienced the same issue:

The kind of accident that have occurred (more than once) is: the system is powered and by mistake the operator undeploys the target (because the undeploy button needs no confirmation, it's very easy to do that) or the operator exits VeriStand's project (directly or because of a logout or shutdown) and has forgotten to disconnect from target. This is an issue because the system gets uncontrolled with the PXI outputs locked at their current values.

(extract from http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-VeriStand/DAQ-Devices-Reset/m-p/2401504/highlight/true#M2586)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,048 Views)