VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Tripped alarm" functionality in Veristand 2014

Hello, Can somone explain the "Tripped alarm" checkbox functionality in the alarm command step configuration page. I believe this is a new feature and the help page for alarm command step configuration does not mention it at all.  It is checked by default when creating a "reset alarm and exit subroutine" command.  

The functionality I want is for this command to reset whatever alarm called the procedure however I am having odd behavior with this. I am having an issue where the alarm that calles this procedure is continuing to trip even though its alarm channel has come back within its limits.  

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,494 Views)

Hi LetsDoThis!

I am not sure on if I am following you with this, but are you referring to the "Default" option mentioned below?

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372846J-01/veristand/cp_alarm_command/

If not, could you please provide a screenshot of what you see? There is a good chance that the help files you checked corresponded to an earlier version of VS, which is why the option was not listed.

WenR

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,464 Views)

Is is the option under a procedure - alarm command.  It is the tripped alarm box on the top right, which is on by default. See attached.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,461 Views)

Thanks for the clarification

I guess the reason why this checkbox is not included in the help files is because the description for it was modified to an easier to understand sentence than just "Tripped Alarm". In Veristand 2015 it reads "Apply setting to the alarm that tripped this procedure" (shown in the attached) and it is still not included in the corresponding help files, but is probably clearer. 

I am not too familiar with alarm settings in Veristand, so if this is still unclear for the context where it is used, feel free to let me know so I can try to find a more detailed explanation.

WenR

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,437 Views)