Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

license for gateway usage

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Versions: LabView 2011 SP1, Veristand 2011 SP1

We have a Veristand application composed of the real-time part running on one RT target and the MMI part running on a regular PC. The MMI has been fully developed (at our development system) in LabView and interfaces with the RT system using the Veristand Gateway (launched silently). We do not use the Veristand Workspace nor Stimulus & Profiles Editors, so we expect to only install the LabView runtime and the Veristand Gateway.

We have already bougth a Runtime License for the project but cannot use it to register the Gateway installation on PC. What is the right way to install the Gateway on the PC ?

Thx for reply, best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,898 Views)

Hi, excuse me but I need a reply within this week.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,857 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author thumble

Hi thumble,

If I understood you correctly, you are asking how to correctly execute NI VeriStand, specifically the gateway, on a PC.

A. Execution of an NIVS system requires at least the NI VeriStand Operator license to successfully deploy or connect to a system.

B. It is not possible to simply copy the gateway DLL over to a system and expect a successful execution. The Gateway has several dependencies, including .NET assemblies and as you've experienced, licensing binaries. The correct way is to install NI VeriStand from the installer. This will also install NI License Manager and the NIVS licenses. From the NI License Manager you should be able to activate NIVS Operator, PC or Full Development licenses to use the gateway.

NI VeriStand Operator System

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/207294

Does this help?

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,846 Views)

Ok, thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,837 Views)