VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data logging control time channel NI_DataType

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to duplicate some property selection features of  the Data Logging control found in the VeriStand workspace in a Labview application ( I wish I could just get the VI for the workspace control).  In the Data Logging control properties -> Channels category the Time Channel can be selected.  When I select absolute time it records the System Path  = "Targets/Controller/System Channels/Absolute Time".  But I get a the TDMS property NI_DataType  = 68.  If I manually select the channel (add channels) it gets a NI_DataType  = 10.  The difference looks to be that the NI_DataType  = 68 has the time formated nicely (M/D/Y/ hr:min:sec) while the NI_DataType  = 10 has the time in a big number representing the number of seconds.  The NI_DataType is read only.  How do I get the nice formating of NI_DataType  = 68 to be recorded like that?  Is this post processed?  if so how do I do that?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,348 Views)

There are certain LabVIEW functions that enable a programmer to manipulate the representation of time. This line of thinking pertains to a post-processing solution to your problem statement, which is likely the simplest way forward. The following forum thread provides some good context.

'Convert Seconds to Hours:Minutes:Seconds'

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Convert-Seconds-to-Hours-Minutes-Seconds/td-p/2214246

For additional formatting options, you can use the Format Date/Time String function.

'Format Date/Time String Function'

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361M-01/glang/format_date_time_string/

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,329 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author joshe

I found that the TDMS Channel Group (NI_VS Data logging API.lvlib) type def that gets wired to the New Data Logging Specification.vi has a Time Channel Options type def that allow the different time channels to be configured and named.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,271 Views)