From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we make a installer using veristand

Can veristand work as a standalone application? Means i wanted to create a installer of the application made in Veristand and install it in a remote PC.  I wanted to know can i make a installer of my application and install it without any license.

Second query if i make a labview application which have a Veristand subVI's. If i make a installer for that Labview program and install it in a remote PC, does it require Veristand license?

Thank you

Surya.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,481 Views)

Hi Surya,

VeriStand itself cannot create an installed, but you can in LabVIEW such that you will first have to install VeriStand Deployment System and then use the LabVIEW installer that you made to put files in the locations that you need.

What VeriStand VIs are you planning to put into your LabVIEW VIs? Will they not require VeriStand to work correctly (hence an install that requires a "license")?

Joshua B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,463 Views)

We are not yet using veristand, I was exploring  a way to increase the efficiency and reliability of the CAN communication in my project  which runs on Windows and I came to know about this Veristand and did some research.

We have built in a small CAN communication tool , which can talk to CAN devices and made an installer so that we can install it in any PC we wanted.At present the CAN vi's have take up lot of memory, if  the CAN messages are to be sent periodically atleast 1ms. But I found out that veristand helps in solving these type of issues. But as I see I need to have a separate license for deployment, I can't effort to have a deployment license for each PC I desire to run.

As per information it seems it pretty much similar to Teststand in terms of running and deploying in a remote PC.

Thank you for the information.

Surya.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,441 Views)

Hello All,

I realize this is an older thread, but I have a similar question related to the idea of Veristand Installers.  Is it possible to create an installer (in Labview or Veristand) that can deploy a Veristand project to an emulator, without having Veristand installed on the host PC?  Similar to the way you can create a Labview installer to run Labview executables on PCs that do not have Labview installed?  We will be configuring emulators and shipping them to remote locations.  We will of course need to maintain and update the projects deployed on the emulators, but the remote locations may not have access to Veristand.  Please advise.

Running Labview 2012 and Veristand 2012.

Regards,

GSinMN   

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,427 Views)