VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calculated filter channel does not always display

I'm having a problem with applying a lowpass filter to a channel, I had the channel setup and it was working fine. I made some changes to the sytem definition file and re-deployed and the channel no longer worked. I have tried increasing the low cutoff frequency and it started to work when I got to a value of 20. However, after re-deploying the project again it quit working. I have tried to change the order # and at first it worked but every time I make a change to the system defifnition file and re-deploy it stops working. I have also tried to delete the channel and re-create it but I run into the same problem. The wierd thing is that I have other channels that are being filtered as well and I have no problems with them. Has anyone experienced intermittent problems like this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,278 Views)

Hi Ben-Mayworm,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

What version of NI-VeriStand are you using?

What hardware are you using?

Are you using any drivers in your project?

Are you able to recreate this issue on another computer? Or with a different target?

Regards,

Joel I.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,249 Views)

Hi Joel,

I am using a cRIO 9074 with Veristand 2013.0.1. I am only having a problem with the 9411 module which is setup to measure a period, the period is converted to a frequency and then fianlly converted to a real number.  I have not been able to try it on a different computer or target, I was hoping to get some advice on things to try that are not so in depth first.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,216 Views)

Hi Ben-Mayworm,

Are you able to isolate the issue? Does it happen with an new project that just looks at the NI 9411 module?

Also, if you can post a zip of your VeriStand project, I may be able to try it out here.

I would also suggest trying it with a different PC and target as well (if this is possible)

Let me know how that goes!

Joel I.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,166 Views)

Can you describe what you mean by "not working"? Is the calculated channel value always zero? Or always the unfiltered value?

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,162 Views)

when it doesn't wotk it will display NaN

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,094 Views)