From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

c series 9212 compatibility - FPGA cRIO9081

I'm looking for options on how to add the c series 9212 thermocouple card to an existing VeriStand project. The project is running on a cRIO9081 and the IO is configured using LabView VeriStand Project  to create a bitfile and XML. The issue is i don't see a 9212 card on the VeriStand pallet. 

A quick google search shows that  EtherCAT had been updated to support the 9212. Ideally it would be nice to update the LabView VeriStand pallet with the 9212 module. This would allow for consistency in the project architeture. If thats not possible, can VeriStand run in Hybrid mode with EtherCAT for some modules and FPGA for other modules? veristand 9212 missing.png

Damian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,812 Views)

A workaround is creating Custom Device on LabVIEW.

Community: NI VeriStand FPGA-Based I/O Interface Tools - National Instruments isn't official software,

so the update wouldn't be frequent.

I believe that Custom Device can solve your problem.

For example, there is an add-on which support EtherCAT device.

Community: NI VeriStand Add-On - Scan Engine and EtherCAT - National Instruments

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
Message 2 of 3
(3,800 Views)

Pignite,

"Community: NI VeriStand FPGA-Based I/O Interface Tools - National Instruments isn't official software,"

I didn't realize it at the time. Thanks for making it clear. 

I ended up getting the card to work on the cRIO chassis in VeriStand. I passed the data from the FPGA as a voltage. Then I used the cRIO LabView 9212 example project as a template to create a model in VeriStand to convert the 9212 output voltage to degrees C. This seems to work, but its a little tedious to have so many outputs and inputs on the connector plane of the model. Also, we need to use three of these cards in the system. I'll have to look at creating a custom device as mentioned in your response above. 

I would have thought that VeriStand would have supported the c series module 9212, but i didn't see any options to when mapping it to the thermocouple conversion in VeriStand. 

Damian
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,749 Views)