VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any way to get deploy status log from API?

Solved!
Go to solution

hello,

I made a deployment utility that allows someone to just deploy a sysdef file without using the veristand GUI. They can select IPs for each target, calibration files (optional), and click deploy. Works great. However all I display is a busy curor during deploy. Is there any way to get the text, through an API, that using the veristand GUI would normally show?

Thanks!

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,994 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author StephenB
Yes, absolutely. VeriStand uses this exact event to populate its status information. I can't remember what it's called, but if you wire an IWorkspace2 reference into a Register for Event Callback node, you should be able to find it quickly. Something like GatewayNotification or status.
Jarrod S.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(3,985 Views)

Hi all,

Your right there are 3 events you can catch:

_workspace.OnGatewayErrorNotification += new DOnGatewayErrorNotification(_workspace_OnGatewayErrorNotification);
                    _workspace.OnGatewayStatusNotification += new DOnGatewayStatusNotification(_workspace_OnGatewayStatusNotification);
                    _workspace.OnSystemStateChange += new DOnSystemStateChange(_workspace_OnSystemStateChange);

I'm quite sure, "OnGatewayStatusNotification" is the one that gets the text messages displayed in the starting window.

Best regards

Message 3 of 4
(3,969 Views)

Worked great thanks guys

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,950 Views)