VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XNET options and settings for VeriStand 2010

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I have been using the XNET custom device for VeriStand 2009. For the native support within VeriStand 2010, I noticed several new options/settings that I am not familiar with. I searched in the XNET HW and SW manual but did not find direct references to some of these and am wondering if anyone could assist by explaning these and their effects.

Also, for the old custom device, which session mode was selected by default?

Thank you.

1. General: Inline incoming/outgoing frames and their processing rates
  2. Port: Queue size input stream
  3. Automatic frame processing
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,329 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author h_yong

Hey Harris,

lemme try to answer these questions.

First of all, the 2009 XNET custom device (CD) uses exclusively single point input and single point output.

1. General: Inline incoming/outgoing frames and their processing rates
    1. There is different flavors in case of NIVSXNET 2010+. By default the incoming and outgoing loops run in parallel to the PCL at a certain rate (I think I set it by default to 100Hz). If you choose to set the one or the other (incoming/outgoing) to be inlined, the rate actually translates into a decimation factor based on the PCL loop rate. Hereby I always round toward 1. (1000kHz PCL :: 500Hz XNET -> Decimation 2; if the XNET rate would be 501 the Decimation would be 1)
  2. Port: Queue size input stream
    1. The XNET driver has a default input stream queue size of 2500. If the network traffic is really high and/or the XNET rate is rather low, you want to increase this buffer to ensure that frames don't get lost.
  3. Automatic frame processing
    1. The AFP is actually an onboard processing that is used to add custom Counter and/or CRC check to the data bytes of a CAN frame. NIVS ships by default two custom firmware files. The one supports 8bit and the other 16bit CRC checks / Counter values. Once you have specified which AFP file should be used, you may add CRC/Counter channels to outgoing frames (right click on an existing frame). On the CAN port (AFP tab) itself, you have to specify some parameters to tell the custom firmware file what the boundaries are, such as order of the generator polynom for the CRC. On the CRC and Counter channels itself you may specify default values, as well as the bytes that should be included for the CRC check as well as the location where the result should get written to.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,301 Views)