VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XNET Outgoing disable channel not working, Transmission Time Channel not working

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I add an outgoing cyclic CAN frame to the system definition. I check "disable transmission" and select the appropriate user channel. When I deploy the system defintion and set the user channel to a non-zero value, the transmission still continues. Why?

Similary, when I add frame faulting channels for the outgoing frame, the transmission time channel is ignored. No matter what value I put into the channel, the transmission time is always the value from the XNET database. 

This seems to be quite basic functionality, so I'm a bit concerned that it's not working... any ideas?

We're using VS2015SP1

Regards

Dirk

Message 1 of 3
(3,307 Views)

I further investigated this issue and discovered that there is a very strange interdependency between two different outgoing frames.

There are two outgoing frames in the SysDef: 

• An event triggered frame called "SpeedTest" with ID 0x100
  • A cycle frame called "SpeedTest2" with ID 0x200

The cyclic frame SpeedTest2 will only work correctly if the event triggred frame does not use a trigger channel:

b.png

However, when SpeedTest does use a trigger channel like this:

a.png

it means that SpeedTest2 doesn't work correctly. To be precise:

• This disable channel doesn't work
  • The Transmit Time Set Trigger has no effect
  • Setting the Skip Cyclic Frames Trigger frame to non-zero permanently disables the transmission of the frame. 

What is going on here? Why do settings of SpeedTest influence SpeedTest2? It sure seems like a bug to me. Maybe VeriStand gets confused because the names of the frames are nearly identical?

Message 2 of 3
(3,290 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Krid

Hi,

this is a Known Issue and has been fixed in VS 2016. If you are bound to VS 2015 SP1 please contact National Instruments.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,261 Views)