VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my custom device break only when VeriStand tries to run it?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a custom device, it's been working for awhile now, today I made some changes to add some more functionality and now VeriStand tells me the RT driver is no longer executable.

I didn't change my build configuration or add any functionas that might bring in some external DLL or something that might be linking incorrectly.  

Any thoughts to how I might go about narrowing this down.  The problem is only at runtime in VeriStand.  The built LLB has no issues, the development source has no issues, it's only when VeriStand tries to deploy that there is an issue so there has to be something that's not linked properly yes?

The system is not RT, it's just deploying on Windows using a PXIe.

I saw my father do some work on a car once as a kid and I asked him "How did you know how to do that?" He responded "I didn't, I had to figure it out."
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,135 Views)

Hey,

Yeah, it sounds like you're missing some dependencies from your LLB that LabVIEW is linking when your run it through LabVIEW, but that VeriStand can't accesswhen it actually gets deployed to your PXI controller.  I would check your build specification to make sure that all of your dependencies are getting included.

It might also be worth checking that the software versions of everything on your controller match what you have on your computer.

Britton C.
Senior Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,118 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author blackburnite

I don't know for sure the exact cause, but I ended up just eliminating portions of the driver code piece by piece to narrow down what was causing the issue. It turned out to be a debug VI that I've used many times before in various projects, but which contains the "Call Chain" LabVIEW primitive, but aside from that, it's just some simple string manipulation.  So I don't know if it was just some random edge case that only occurred when executing under VeriStand's own underlying LabVIEW code but for whatever reason, it was breaking the driver VI.

So, solved the problem, but the cause, I can't quite say.

I saw my father do some work on a car once as a kid and I asked him "How did you know how to do that?" He responded "I didn't, I had to figure it out."
Message 3 of 3
(4,116 Views)