VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird dot line in graph of Workspace with an increasing LP Data Count

Hello

After I run models for like 30 mins or 1 hr, the graph in my workspace starts showing me dot line for each channel I monitored there. It seems somehow graph display ran out of memory? And I am seeing LP Data count is increasing all the time. Did any one see this issue before?

I attached the snapshot of what I m seeing.

Weird dot line in workspace graph

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,749 Views)

are you using NI VeriStand 2010? there is an f3 patch that could fix this:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/73EF8E82BC245CE08625783B005E9639?OpenDocument

See item 255808

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,739 Views)

MAX shows that we already have the f3 patch, and actually we have applied the f5 gateway patch to the gateway dll (per Ben's advice)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,737 Views)

Jimmy,

How much of the cpu are you using on your controller?

Is there some significant change in your control that is suppose to occur at that time?

If you remove one of your models do your channels report correctly after 1 hour?

Can you generate a MAX technical report and post it here?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,712 Views)

Hi Kyle

I checked the controller is only using 30-40% of CPU right now. And actually the LP Data count is 0 when I start running the model but after a while like 10 or 30 minutes, it starts increasing for some reason. The connection between RT machine and windows machine also gets slow down due to this so this slow connection might explained the dot line thing. But we don't know why it gets slow down. And once I undeploy the model, the connection gets back to normal immediately.

For tech report, do you wanna me to create one for the RT machine? or for windows machine?

Thanks!

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,696 Views)

Hey Jimmy,

For both please I want to make sure all the software versions are matching and up to date. 

Do you have any custom devices trying to handle network communication?

Is the Windows computer and the RT target on the same subnet?

Are they on the same switch or can you attach a crossover cable between them?

Can you post your VeriStand Project?

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,692 Views)