From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand system definition file

Solved!
Go to solution

Greetings! I am trying to customize the Veristand sysytem definition file. In system definition file while adding simulation models, we need to pass an absolute path of the dll. Is there any way by which i can modify it to accept abbsolute paths. Also , i want to know is there any VI  in background (runtime) when the screen for adding the simulation model runs? If yes where does it resides.

If i look into the XML file of the system definition , which shows an absolute path pointing to models

Property Name="DLL Path">
         <DependentFile Type="Absolute" Path="C:\Subversion\HEXOA\DragonG3\trunk\4-SystemTest\VeriStandModels\DLL\SwitchedPower.dll">

Can i modify this ? How can i implement a relative path here?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,927 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author arivb.6

You will always specify the absolute path to the model in that configuration dialog. However, when you save the system definition, if the model DLL path is relative to any known location (the system definition file, the public documents folder, etc.), it will be saved in the system definition file as relative to those locations.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(3,918 Views)