VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand 2015 doesnt honor PCL processor assignment

Solved!
Go to solution

Using a PXI 8110 and NI Veristand 2015, no matter what I set the PCL processor assignment to in the system definition, the PCL always land on CPU 0. I can confirm this with the CPU load monitor and an execution trace (attached).

The data processing loop moves around to my assignment as expected.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,756 Views)

I cannot attach my system def, but I tested this with a blank sysdef +1 DAQ card and the problem occurs

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,754 Views)

Interesting! I'll see if I can reproduce this behavior on my end and let you know what I find out.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,719 Views)

Hey Stephen, I was able to reproduce the issue you described on a PXI-8133. I've gone ahead and filed CAR 571818. What kind of an impact has this had on your application?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,688 Views)

So far none. Just noticed it and wanted to report it

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,685 Views)

Although I dont know if there is something more sinister going on, and this is just a symptom

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,684 Views)

Understood. Well I'm glad to hear it's not causing you too much trouble - thanks so much for bringing it to us! The CAR I filed should get to the right people early next week.

Have a great weekend Stephen.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,682 Views)

Corrective Action Request 571818

CLA, CTA, CLED

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,652 Views)

Thanks Jiri_K - completely forgot to include the number!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,640 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author StephenB

Thanks for reporting this, Stephen! R&D is looking into this issue. We believe we have narrowed down the cause for this issue, and we are evaluating a solution.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
Message 10 of 10
(4,499 Views)