From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand 2015 doesnt honor PCL processor assignment

Solved!
Go to solution

Using a PXI 8110 and NI Veristand 2015, no matter what I set the PCL processor assignment to in the system definition, the PCL always land on CPU 0. I can confirm this with the CPU load monitor and an execution trace (attached).

The data processing loop moves around to my assignment as expected.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,752 Views)

I cannot attach my system def, but I tested this with a blank sysdef +1 DAQ card and the problem occurs

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,750 Views)

Interesting! I'll see if I can reproduce this behavior on my end and let you know what I find out.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,715 Views)

Hey Stephen, I was able to reproduce the issue you described on a PXI-8133. I've gone ahead and filed CAR 571818. What kind of an impact has this had on your application?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,684 Views)

So far none. Just noticed it and wanted to report it

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,681 Views)

Although I dont know if there is something more sinister going on, and this is just a symptom

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,680 Views)

Understood. Well I'm glad to hear it's not causing you too much trouble - thanks so much for bringing it to us! The CAR I filed should get to the right people early next week.

Have a great weekend Stephen.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,678 Views)

Corrective Action Request 571818

CLA, CTA, CLED

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,648 Views)

Thanks Jiri_K - completely forgot to include the number!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,636 Views)
Solution
Accepted by StephenB

Thanks for reporting this, Stephen! R&D is looking into this issue. We believe we have narrowed down the cause for this issue, and we are evaluating a solution.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
Message 10 of 10
(4,495 Views)