VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeriStand won't deply two FPGA's

Solved!
Go to solution

So I can't seem to figure out why this is happening...

If I deply the VS project to the RT target with both FPGA's enabled (RIO0 and RIO1), it fails to deploy everytime.  If I disable RIO0 and enable RIO1 - it works.  And same goes the other way around (enable RIO0 and disable RIO1) so I know that my FPGA code and *.fpgaconfig file work correctly.

Anyone know why this would be happening?  I did a couple searches but didn't come up with anything.

Thanks in advance for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,905 Views)

What is failing? Do you see any specific errors reported?

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,896 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author joedowdle

huge shot in the dark here....

Guessing you have an 18 slot chassis, you're using NIVS 2011 SP1 or earlier, and the cards are in different bus segments of your chassis (aka, pretty far apart)?

If so you need to go into MAX, select the controller -> hardware -> chassis -> triggers (bottom tab)... and route trigger line 0 away from the RIO device that is bold blue in your system definition (which is the master device specified on the chassis page)

If I get this with no error information at all and a total guess I think I deserve a kudos. Otherwise nevermind 🙂

Stephen B
Message 3 of 7
(5,890 Views)

Nice shot. Seems to be working just fine now. If it wasn't your job I'd say you spend too much time in VeriStand, haha.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,887 Views)

yesssssssss!

haha

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,880 Views)

just fyi NI VeriStand 2012 will do this automatically for you now. when/if you upgrade make sure to revert MAX to "dynamic" routing mode. the upgrade notes in the readme of 2012 says this

Stephen B
Message 6 of 7
(5,879 Views)

As I was going in there and changing I thought I recalled hearing that 2012 fixed this problem, but I had never run into it before so it never hit me to check it out at all.  In fact when I heard about it I probably just was like "Oh that's never happened to me" and then proceeded to think about something else.  Oops... lol.

Thanks for the help though.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,875 Views)