From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeriStand and IronPython documentation

Does anyone have any documentation for using IronPython with VeriStand?  I've found a couple example IronPython scripts on the forums, but I can't seem to find any explanation for what can be done through IronPython or how to do it.

For example, I'm trying to launch a stimulus profile in my script and I'm getting error code 0xfffb4e3b, which seems to indicate that there's something wrong with the path to my stimulus profile.  I've checked the path in my script against the actual file path, and they match.  However, I'm trying to launch a nivsstimprof file, and I've only seen examples for launching the legacy stimulus profiles with a nivstest extension, which works just fine in my script.  I have no idea if it's even possible to launch a nivsstimprof file because I have no documentation to refer to, so debugging is difficult.

In case anyone is wondering, I'm using VeriStand 2011 SP1 and IronPython 2.7.4 in VisualStudio 2010.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,255 Views)

Hello NFT,

NI Veristand provides .NET APIs which are documented in the help file included here. There is also a NIVeristand.py python library file located in <Public Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 201X\IronPython> which includes functions you can use to call NI Veristand. There is no specific Iron Python examples provided but this library and this forum has some good starter material provided.

Wear
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,208 Views)

I've been using the NIVeriStand.py file and it's helped a little, but there's still a lot of information that I feel is missing, like what I listed above in my example about whether or not the API can run a nivsstimprof file.  I'm also somewhat new to Python, so that might contribute to my difficulties as well.

I'll look through the link you provided for the .NET API; hopefully that'll clear some things up.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,203 Views)

Hi NFT,

I've also run into this error.

For VS2011 and greater you can't use the NationalInstruments.VeriStand.ClientAPI Namespace (aka Execution API) IStimulus interface, instead use NationalInstruments.VeriStand.StimulusProfileDefinitionApi StimulusProfile class.

See http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372846D-01/veristandspeapi/html/t_nationalinstruments_verist...

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,009 Views)