cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Real Time Module Utilities in Custom Device or lvmodel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have  been trying to figure out how to use the RT Set Processor Pool vi inside a custom device or lvmodel. My idea is to use one of my multiple custom devices to set up the CPU pools in the Init VI. I have added my PXI chassis to the custom device project, but cannot figure out how I can put these functions into my custom device. Alternatively, I thought that I could use a RT project and then generate a model for VeriStand from that VI, but this does not work either. Labview cannot compile the VI containing functions from the RT module.

My question:

How can I use the RT utilities inside either A) a custom device or B) a lvmodel?

Thanks,

Brent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,334 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author B2.718

Guess the solution was pretty simple. All I needed to do was go to C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\Targets\NI\RT\vi.lib and add the library to the project.

Note if you add a RT Target to the project and create VIs underneath the RT target and move them up the library gets added automatically... with some path errors to fix.

Still familiarizing myself with labview obviously.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,327 Views)

Nice job working this one out, here's a related forum page: http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-VeriStand/Custom-devices-timed-loops-and-CPU-cores-assignment/m-p/2401814

Regards,

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,307 Views)