cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Legacy Stimulus Profiles to new Editor

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently working on updating a Test Bench from Veristand 2011 to 2015 SP1. On that test bench we have a lot of Stimulus Profile files that have been created with the legacy Stimulus Profile editor.

Is there any way to update the files to the current stimulus profile editor and keep using them?

From looking at the files I know that they are XML, but for some reason they're completely different formats. It should be possible, though, to translate from one format to the other fairly easily. I'm not saying that's what I'll do, just that it's possible.

Cheers,

Pete

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,510 Views)

No takers? Is clear, what I try to do?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,484 Views)

Sorry, I looked for a way to convert legacy file to new one but, couldn't find it....

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
Message 3 of 7
(4,480 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PeterFoerster
There is not a conversion utility. Here are a couple things to note:

1. The legacy stimulus profile editor still ships with 2015 SP1. You can continue to run those same tests in the new version without converting them. New projects by default won't have this tool in the Workspace menu, but you can add it.

2. If any of your tests are CSV playback files, the same format works in the new Stimulus Profile Editor.

Please let us know if there's a particular reason you want to convert the files to the new format if the above notes don't help you. That might help us figure out a good path for you!
Jarrod S.
National Instruments
Message 4 of 7
(4,469 Views)
Also, new system definitions by default no longer start with any Generators, since they aren't needed for the new stimulus profiles However, you can add them in System Explorer.
Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,468 Views)

The new stimulus tool has an API. So it is possible to fully script the profiles even from scratch.

CLA, CTA, CLED

Message 6 of 7
(4,465 Views)

Hi Jarrod,

thanks for the answer.

The reason I would want to translate them is to "help" the users of the test bench with the transition. I have the suspicion that the users won't make the change to the new editor because they still have to work with the old one when editing the existing sequences.

Also, they are not yet fully convinced of the new System, but that's just an issue of getting used to it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,442 Views)