From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triangular waveform and XY Graph

Hi,

As an exercise I thought that I would try running an existing test rig using our recently acquired  Veristand 2014 software (it currently runs via my Labview program). For the moment I am running it direct on a Pc (slow acquisition rate is Ok for testout purposes, until we get our PXI rack)

In Veristand I need to create a simple, single cycle triangular waveform pulse(uniform up and back down) to dive a hydraulic pump which in turn is used to pressurise the UUT. The waveform should have the standard variable parameters (frequency, amplitude, bias etc.). The signal is then fed to channel AO3 on a PCIe6353 card which controls the voltage going to the pump.

Problem 1.

I have not been able to find a triangular waveform, so for practice purposes have been using the “shipped”  SineWave_NonInlined dll  – however it seems that I can only access the parameters for this sine wave via the model calibration control . I am unable to create controls on the workspace screen that control the parameters that are available in the SineWave_dll.

Problem 2.

Is that I need to plot Flow Vs Pressure (XY Graph) during the pressurising cycle but it seem there is not such graph available in Veristand.

Question

Can someone please explain how I can resolve these problems?

Thanks a lot ...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,009 Views)

Hey Valveman14,

Did you find a solution to your question? I am trying to tackle similar issues.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,941 Views)

Unfortunately not, how about you?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,529 Views)

Hi Valveman,

For your problem 1, I would create your own model using Labview.  Create a VI with the included Labview Vi Triangle Wave PtbyPt VI, this will give you Amplitude, Freq, and Phase, you will need to add time input.  Make sure your inputs are required. Go to Tools->NI VeriStand->Generate Model From VI.

Import this model into VeriStand system definition.  You will need to map a time to the time channel to make it work in Veristand, but that is easy.   I attached something for you to play with.  Make sure the while loop is NOT included in your model build, VeriStand take care of it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,519 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,518 Views)