From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target to target channel access

Is there a method other than refelective memory or the reflective ethernet custom device to allow one target to access channels defined on a separate target? Target one is a PXI target, and target two is a cRIO device.

I would prefer to communicate target to target without the necessity of an in-between server.

BTW, I cannot use the reflective ethernet custom device for legal reasons.

Regards,

Rick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,946 Views)

Hello Rick,

Reflective memory is intended to accomplish your desired behavior by allowing you to access channels between multiple targets.

Another option would be to use the Shared Variable Custom Device.  This would require you to have variables created outside of VeriStand that you could then read and write to from VeriStand.

You can also create your own Custom Device to pass data between targets through Network Streams, TCP, or other network communication protocols.

Regards,

M. Whitaker
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,853 Views)

I'm not aware of a reflective memory device that would work with a cRIO. Can you suggest one?

Regards,

Rick

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,823 Views)

I am not aware about solution for cRIO.

Shared variable or UDP data link CD (unfinished) or your own custom device would work

https://github.com/NIVeriStandAdd-Ons/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=data

CLA, CTA, CLED

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,803 Views)