VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stimulus Profile Editor Crash

Hello NestorG,

I have uninstalled Ni Veristand Components using msiBlast. I have downloaded brand new Ni Veristand 2011SP1 and installed.

Without patch I couldn't run stimulus profile editor. You can see file version information, Stimulus Profile Editor.exe.config and windows error report screen shoots:

NI VeriStand.exe Properties_2013-03-16_22-51-36.pngStimulus Profile Editor.exe Properties_2013-03-16_22-38-32.png

Stimulus Profile Editor.exe.config contents:

<configuration>
   <runtime>
      <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
         <probing privatePath="Data"/>
      </assemblyBinding>
   </runtime>
</configuration>

Windows Error:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
	<System>
		<Provider Name="Application Error" /> 
		<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> 
		<Level>2</Level> 
		<Task>100</Task> 
		<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
		<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-03-16T20:12:08.000000000Z" /> 
		<EventRecordID>43820</EventRecordID> 
		<Channel>Application</Channel> 
		<Computer>cenk-THINK</Computer> 
		<Security /> 
	</System>
	<EventData>
		<Data>Stimulus Profile Editor.exe</Data> 
		<Data>2011.1.0.0</Data> 
		<Data>4f9aea13</Data> 
		<Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data> 
		<Data>6.1.7601.18015</Data> 
		<Data>50b83c8a</Data> 
		<Data>e053534f</Data> 
		<Data>0000c41f</Data> 
	</EventData>
</Event>

After I have patched Ni VS 2011SP1 using Ni Update Service, Ni VS 2011SP1 Stimulus Profile Editor still not working. You can see file verisons, Stimulus Profile Editor.exe.config and windows error report below:

NI VeriStand.exe Properties_2013-03-17_14-42-28.pngStimulus Profile Editor.exe Properties_2013-03-17_14-42-46.pngNationalInstruments.VeriStand.CommonUI.dll Properties_2013-03-17_15-18-10.png

Stimulus Profile Editor.exe.config contents:

<configuration>
   <runtime>
		<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
		   	<!-- ========= Local Assemblies Location Redirection ========= -->
			<probing privatePath="Data"/>
			<!-- ========= Local Assemblies Version Redirection ========= -->  
			<dependentAssembly>
				<assemblyIdentity name="NationalInstruments.VeriStand.CommonUI" publicKeyToken="a6d690c380daa308" culture="Neutral" />
				<bindingRedirect oldVersion="2011.1.0.0" newVersion="2011.1.0.1" />
			</dependentAssembly>
		</assemblyBinding>
   </runtime>
</configuration>

Windows Error:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
	<System>
		<Provider Name="Application Error" /> 
		<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> 
		<Level>2</Level> 
		<Task>100</Task> 
		<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
		<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-03-17T12:41:07.000000000Z" /> 
		<EventRecordID>43935</EventRecordID> 
		<Channel>Application</Channel> 
		<Computer>cenk-THINK</Computer> 
		<Security /> 
	</System>
	<EventData>
		<Data>Stimulus Profile Editor.exe</Data> 
		<Data>2011.1.0.1</Data> 
		<Data>50a2cc79</Data> 
		<Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data> 
		<Data>6.1.7601.18015</Data> 
		<Data>50b83c8a</Data> 
		<Data>e053534f</Data> 
		<Data>0000c41f</Data> 
	</EventData>
</Event>

I am using standart english version of Ni products. My OS is Windows 7 Professional SP1 English 64bit

Thanks.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 33
(4,008 Views)

Hi Hreidmar,

The images\info you have shown all appear to show a valid installation of NIVS 2011 SP1 f1. Nothing looks out of the ordinary which would cause the exception you are getting upon launching SPE.

My questions are:

1. Visit the folder "C:\Windows\Assembly" and confirm you have a NationalInstruments.VeriStand.RealTimeSequenceDefinitionApi.dll with version 2011.1.0.1.0

2. If you do indeed have this file, then I would like to get a .NET Fusion log. This log will report missing or problematic .NET assemblies as the SPE process is loaded into memory. To enable FusionLog, please follow the instructions below:

3. Open the Stimulus Profile Editor executable. Close the Windows Error dialog.

4. Navigate to the directory specified in the LogPath variable. Please package all the contents in this directory into a zip and post the results. The logs will hopefully explain any .NET issues.

5. Remove the registry keys specified in Step 2; otherwise this folder will continue to grow with reports for each .NET process.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 33
(3,988 Views)

Hi Nestor,

I have two NationalInstruments.VeriStand.RealTimeSequenceDefinitionApi.dll file in "C:\Windows\Assembly" location. You can see below:

ShellView_2013-03-19_10-04-27.png

And Properties (Versions) of those files seems like below:

NationalInstruments.VeriStand.RealTimeSequenceDefinitionApi Properties_2013-03-19_10-11-18.png NationalInstruments.VeriStand.RealTimeSequenceDefinitionApi Properties_2013-03-19_10-11-42.png

Now I will create .Net Fusion Log.

Thank you for support.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 33
(3,978 Views)

Hi Nestor,

I have created the log files that you want. You can find that files attached.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 33
(3,973 Views)

I am completely puzzled by this Hreidmar. The fusion logs show all NI Veristand assemblies successfully loading into memory with the correct version. The only oddity when compared to my Fusion logs was that your logs were missing calls to PresentationUI and PresentationFramework.Luna. Do you have these GAC assemblies installed on your computer?

- Because all the NIVS assemblies reported as successfully loading (with the exception of Stimulus Profile Editor.exe), I no longer see this as a problem with the distribution. Unfortunately, I am out of ideas.

- Attempt to verify .NET 3.5 SP1 on your system by using the following tool. This tool creates an error log file detailing any oddities in your .NET installation. If there are any, attempt to repair .NET 3.5. http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 33
(3,946 Views)

Hi Nestor,

I have tried almost everything. Re-installed .net frameworks, Visual C++ Redistributable packages. I had spend all my free time to read Fusion logs and try to find a solution. I have updated all drivers. Tried to create new user on windows.

I have remove virus protection and firewall on PC. Nothing solve my problem.

Finally I have to give up digging. (Otherway I will loose my sanity. Smiley Wink)

I want to thank you and comunity sincerely.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 33
(3,907 Views)

Hello, was there any success for this in the end? I believe I'm having the same problem. I have not gathered all the logs, but I uninstalled and resinstalled 2011 SP1F1 and the stimulus profile editor crashes on startup while displaying "initializing data." This is a Windows XP computer, and I can't seem to get any debug information out of the crash.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 33
(3,861 Views)

Hi Harris,

Unfortunately there was no resolve or known cause to Hreidmar issue. Are you getting this crash upon loading SPE files (ie. double-clicking on *.nivsseq or *.nivsstimprof files) or simply opening the editor? I believe you have a support account with us. If possible, please contact us via the NI Tech line so that we can exchange technical files - simply inform the support engineer that NI VeriStand R&D is aware of the issue and hopefully it will get to me quickly. I would like to get the .NET Fusion logs as instructed earlier to Hreidmar.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 33
(3,849 Views)

Hi Nestor,

I just heard from Support this morning and will try to get a Fusion log soon.

I am getting this crash upon opening the editor (when it reaches the "initializing data" stage) and it also happens if I open a file directly from Windows explorer.

The first time it happened, SPE was actually already open but I used it to open a new profile that was written initially on a different computer. After this resulted in the crash, I was never able to reopen SPE again, even after uninstalling and reinstalling VeriStand 2011 SP1 F1.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 33
(3,827 Views)

Hello,

I have the same problem.

I can't start Stimulus Profile Editor.

What should I do now? I need this tool on next Monday!!

Initialization window opens and after that nothing happens.

Please help!

Regards

YesB

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 33
(3,777 Views)