VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source for Embedded Data Logger?

Hello,

Does anyone know if or where I could download or access the source for the Embedded Data Logger custom device that ships w/ VeriStand?  I need to modify it to log to additional file formats but to do so requires that I include additional VIs not originally a part of the LLB so there are linking issue with simply editing the LLB directly.

- Will

I saw my father do some work on a car once as a kid and I asked him "How did you know how to do that?" He responded "I didn't, I had to figure it out."
Message 1 of 4
(4,833 Views)

Hello Will,

Unfortunately there is nowhere you can currently download the source code for the VeriStand Embedded Data Logger custom device.

What additional file formats for logging are you looking to add?

dK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,817 Views)

I wanted to log to an MDF.  Right now I'm, converting after the fact which works for shorter tests but with larger TDMS logs, the conversion can take some time.  This test system is an automated regression tester so often times, many tests are executed sequentially so converting between tests can add up.

Using the Data Storage VIs, I was able to create a set of MDF VIs that function nearly the same as the TDMS VIs so I had hoped to modify the data logger custom device to allow the selection of log type on one of the config pages and was able to do so within the LLB.  However due to the linking issues, it would only works in the development environment but breaks when VeriStand attempts to run it.

- Will

I saw my father do some work on a car once as a kid and I asked him "How did you know how to do that?" He responded "I didn't, I had to figure it out."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,811 Views)

After some more digging I was not able to find any place where we host the source code for the Embedded Data Logger. I hate delivering bad news! The only other thing I could think of would be to reach out to your local NI field sales engineer and see if they have any insight.

dK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,784 Views)