VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulink Compile with SimWise4D Block

Hello,

I'm trying to use MIT to convert the following model so that I can use LabVIEW as the UI for it:

Capture.PNG

I configured everything as usual. However, the problem I get is not getting an error, but generating C-code with dll file.  I tried it several times and made sure that Veristand TLC is chosen. 

I suspect the block of SimWise4D which links Simulink to their Software. However, I can't comprehend why dll not generated while C-Code is generated successfully.

Here is a sequence of screenshots of my configuration:

Capture11.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Your help is always appreciated.

Waleed El-Badry MSc.,MCPD, ISTQB Certified Tester
Assistant Lecturer
Mechatronics Department
Faculty of Engineering
Misr University for Science & Technology

View Waleed El-Badry's profile on LinkedIn

Message 1 of 5
(5,674 Views)

Have you been able to successfully generate a dll on this machine before using this method?

What order was software installed on this machine (MIT and The MathWorks, Inc. Simulink®)?

Also, have you seen this document explaining the configuration options to use:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3447/en/

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(5,637 Views)

Hi Waleed,

It would be very helpful to see the error messages outputed from the MATLAB Command Window; specifically, I am interested in the error messages generated during compilation - as you hinted. If this information is sensitive, then please feel free to contact NI Support and I will eventually get this information.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,633 Views)

Thank Nestor again for your response,

After testing blocks separately, I got assured that SimWise4D block is the one responsible for not generating the dll file (although no generation errors is created).

I modified the block diagram to be like this:

SimWise4d.PNG

I compiled the file as stated earlier and have been told that model is compiled successfully (although dll file was not generated). Here is the diagnostic dump with observed error:

C:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2014a\sys\perl\win32\bin\perl C:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2014a\rtw\c\tools\mkvc_lnk.pl SimWiseTest.lnk SimWiseTest.obj NIVeriStand_main.obj SimWiseTest_data.obj rtGetInf.obj rtGetNaN.obj rt_logging.obj rt_matrx.obj rt_nonfinite.obj rt_printf.obj rt_sim.obj SimWiseTest.res swPlant.obj
link /RELEASE /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO -entry:_DllMainCRTStartup@12 -dll kernel32.lib advapi32.lib wsock32.lib @SimWiseTest.lnk /dll -out:SimWiseTest.dll
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'swPlant.obj'
*** Created DLL D:\Veristand Test\SimWiseTest\SimWiseTest_niVeriStand_rtw\SimWiseTest.dll

Capture.PNG

I don't know if this problem could be tackled. I can attach the file , but as I mentioned, it requires SimWise4D to be installed.

Your help is appreciated.

Waleed El-Badry MSc.,MCPD, ISTQB Certified Tester
Assistant Lecturer
Mechatronics Department
Faculty of Engineering
Misr University for Science & Technology

View Waleed El-Badry's profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,542 Views)

I'm quite depressed that although software like simwise could be useful candidate for having complete closed loop system of mechatronic product, none tried to tackle that problem,

KInd regards,
Waleed El-Badry, MSc., CLAD MCPD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,629 Views)