From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set model inport default value using System Defintion API

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to change the default value of a model inport (model is already loaded in system definition) using the .NET API for System Definitions.

I see that there is a property on the Channel object to get the default value but it is read-only and I was unable to find a method to set it.

Anyone know of a way to set the default value for a model inport using the API?  Or, is there some other method that I am unaware of to set default values (perhaps similar to how parameters are set at run-time).

I'm currently using VeriStand 2013 SP1.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,624 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NathanJD

Well, I was playing around with the API for a bit longer and I noticed that the inport object has a property called "InitialValue".  I figured I'd give it a shot since "initial" has a similar meaning to "default" in this case.  It turns out that setting the InitialValue does indeed set the DefaultValue property for that inport (tested with scalar inports only).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,615 Views)