From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan/FPGA mode for a CRIO through Veristand

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello !

I have a little error using my CRIO 9081 to use it with CAN communication, here is what i've already done :

1- I use the CRIO with scan mode, and the custom "Scan engine and Ethercat" to view my analogic modules under VeriStand, it's ok

2- I use the CRIO with FPGA Scan interface (set under Labview) to detect my CAN modules, also ok

3 - Then i wanted to see both CAN and analogic modules, so i use this page :

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0DB7FEF37C26AF85862575C400531690

And here is my problem :

with this method i'm able to see both modules with the Custom device "Scan engine and ethercat", which is really nice, BUT, impossible to run the VeriStand project, the error message ask me to turn the chassis in FPGA mode but then i lost the analogic module...

So is it possible to run a Veristand project using both Scan and FPGA interface mode ?

Thanks a lot 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,016 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vincentlg

Hi Vincent,

When you tried to set this up, did you use the steps outlined in the following document under the Using the Scan Engine and EtherCAT custom device with NI 986x XNET modules section?

From what I remember, because you're using a cRIO-9081, you'll need to compile a blank bitfile for your target and set the controller to be in FPGA Mode to enable hybrid mode on your chassis.

Could you post a screenshot of the deployment error you see?

Message 2 of 3
(3,957 Views)

Finaly I succeed to use it by using first the scan mode (for other modules on the slave chassis) uder Labview and VeriStand, then adding CAN module (on the CRIO) with FPGA scan.

Thank you for the answer 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,881 Views)