From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sampling at higher rate than the PCL one

Solved!
Go to solution

Good evening to you all. I'm trying to sample a signal at 100kHZ using a FPGA personality in NI Veristand. I would like to use this samples as an input for a simulink model running at 500Hz. I was wondering if there's the possibility to do so.

Thanks in advance,

best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,231 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Domenico_fed

FPGA data is read back to VeriStand point-by-point. Hence, your model will receive the latest data from FPGA, but not all the points.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,218 Views)

Ok, thanks a lot for your answer. It means that we have not to use Veristand....

Regards

Message 3 of 7
(6,210 Views)

This is solvable. In multiple ways:

1) You could use multiple channels to get data from FPGA and in fact serialize them. 

2) You can create custom device and use LV Advanced FPGA tools (https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-17185) to transfer data from FPGA f.e. by additional DMA channel and them serialize the data on RT part

The drawback is, that you would need 200 channels to do so. 

Jiri Keprt

NIE Systems Engineer (RTT&HIL)

CLA, CTA, CLED

Message 4 of 7
(6,197 Views)

Yep, we tried that, and we realized as well the fact of the 200 channels... We hoped there was a better/faster way to do so 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,192 Views)

There is no elegant way to do so Smiley Sad

You could use System Definition API to generate channels, and also API to do mapping...

Jiri Keprt

NIE Systems Engineer (RTT&HIL)

CLA, CTA, CLED

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,189 Views)

This is possible with NI VeriStand 2012 and later. Transfer the data from the FPGA using DMA FIFOs up to RT and then use a custom device running RT code to read the DMA and publish a "waveform" of the data using the custom device API.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,137 Views)