VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCB-68 Terminal Block Quick Reference Label doesn't match PXI-7831R pinout diagram

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to connect 3 analog inputs to the NI PXI-7831R Reconfigurable I/O Module, using the SCB-68 M series terminal block.  I've noticed a discrepancy between the analog inputs, shown on the SCB-68 terminal block Quick Reference Label, and the analog inputs shown in the NI PXI-7831R connector 0 pinout diagram.  For example, the NI PXI-7831R connector 0 pinout diagram shows AI3- and AIGND3 on pins 29 and 30, respectively.  The SCB-68 Quick Reference Label shows AI GND and AI 3 on pins 29 and 30, respectively.  There are at least six other cases where there is a mismatch between the Quick Reference Label and the pinout diagram.  Has anyone else seen this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,424 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Berman

Which SCB-68 Quick Reference Label are you looking at? The M Series would be for the M series DAQ cards where as the PXI-7831R is in the R-series. You can see the difference here in this KB which has both the M Series connector and the 7831R M Connector.

Hope this clears things up!

Regards from Austin,

Ben J.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,399 Views)

Thanks, Ben - I was looking at the wrong Quick Reference Label

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,384 Views)

Hi

1. Iam not able to get any digital signal ouputs for an open loop VI on the SCB 68 connector box. Iam wrkng with labview based FPGA NI 7831R with the R series . what can be the problem.

2. can we use M series instead of R seires fro 7831R

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,377 Views)

Hi gudey,

This is a fairly old thread that isn't really relevant to your question, so I would recommend creating a new discussion that will be more relevant to your specific issue.

If you do, please supply us with the following:

1. Hardware configuration (how are you looking at the digital output?, which cable are you using for connecting to the SCB-68?, etc.)

2. Are you running a LabVIEW example? If so, which example, and which LabVIEW version?

3. What are you trying to accomplish? R Series and M Series devices will not be able to use the same code, but you could use either of them for multiple applications.

Again, please create a new discussion (feel free to refer to this one) for easier tracking. Hope this helps! 

Xavier
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,344 Views)