VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving "Error 55: The network opertion is in progress" in my custom Veristand UDP device

I have created a Veristand UDP plug-in which packages around 160 bytes of data and sends it over UDP to another computer for visualizations.  The rate in which I have this set up for is a decimated value of the Primary Control Loop (PCL), which is normally set to roughly 50-60 Hz.  I have recently been getting the error "Error 55: The network operation is in progress" randomly while using the plug-in.  I cannot attribute the new error to anything I have changed in the plug-in.  That being said, I am looking for more explanation on the error itself.  I have done searches on NI and Google and haven't found anything of worth yet.  I did find a NI forums post regarding this error and a helper stated that it was an issue of trying to send a packet before the previous packet was sent, but I find that hard to believe at these data rates and sizes I am using.  So if I could gather more information on the error itself, then I figure I will know what beast I am up against, making the solution more apparent.  Thank you for any help.

-Michael 

-You can never have too much power...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,133 Views)

Hi,

Maybe the following post can help you.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/UDP-write-error-55-when-sending-video-over-network/td-p/746327

If not, please post a screenshot of your diagram to investigate much more.

R. Kasubiak

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,452 Views)