From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on model crashes (compiled with Matlab 2013b and Veristand 2013)

These models were compiled with Matlab 2010a and Veristand 2010 and when I deploy them to RT target with Veristand 2013, everything works correctly.

Now I compiled the same models with Matlab 2013b and Veristand 2013...they are successfully deployed to the same RT target but when I start the model (set model command to 0), the RT side crashes.

The strange thing is that I found if I set the initial state of model to running, this crash won't happen but when setting initial state to paused then manually set model command to 0, RT machine crashes immediately. Have any one come across the similar issue? I feel it's something to do with the initial condition but wonder why it doesn't happen when compiled with Matlab 2010a and Veristand 2010. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,624 Views)

That behavior definitely sounds odd. I would expect models that worlk in previous versions of VeriStand to work with newer ones as well.

With that said several other things have changed in the interum between VeriStand 2010 and VeriStand 2013.

I see you have already contacted us through a service request, we will continue troubleshooting there for the moment.

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,596 Views)

I am facing same situation.

Was there a resolution on this? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,642 Views)

Craig, Please let me know if there was a resolution on this.

I am facing same situation. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,642 Views)