VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the log file path on the Data Logging Control Veristand

Hello everyone,

My problem is that I use a computer as a gateway on the network. It is connected to PXI in Real Time. I have another computer connected to the gateway to read the given PXI. I am unable to record on my local hard drive using the Data Logging Control VeriStand on the second computer. However, it can save me on the hard disk on the network. Moreover, I have no problem to record if the computer is a gateway.

Regards,

Kamal Bouamran

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,081 Views)

For simplicity, let's call the computer running Veristand Computer A and the gateway computer Computer B.

So, just to clarify, you're running the Veristand workspace on Computer A, which is connected to your network and the RT PXI (on which the system definition file is deployed) through a gateway, Computer B. With this setup, you can't use a data logging control to save a file to Computer A's hard drive. However, you are (from the workspace running on Computer A) able to save a file to Computer B's disk or to another drive elsewhere on your network. Is that all correct?

What happens when you try to configure the control to log to computer A's disk? Do you get an error (and if so, what error)? Does the file path default to a different location?

Also, what version of Veristand are you using? What version of Windows are you PCs running?

Regards,

Ryan K.
Product Manager, ATCA and BEEcube
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,988 Views)