VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem of loading parameters on Veristand

Hi everyone

I trying to make a model(*.mdl) by Simulink.
Simulink block diagram contain "Function Block", and that expression is "x+y" for function block parameters.
"x" and "y" variables are on the MATLAB Workspace variable.
And I built this model(*.mdl) by Real-time workshop to *.dll file, then I loaded this file at Veristand System explorer/models.

I expected "x" and "y" variables were visible in Veristand/Simulation models/Parameters, but i couldn't see that parameters.

Typically, Gain and Constant block are visible in Veristand/Simulation models/Parameters after load at veristand.
but Workspace variables on Matlab are not available for this procedure.

What is to be done about this problem?

Thanks.

JunHee, Lee
CLA (Certified LabVIEW Architect)
WireLab Korea
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,049 Views)

In the configuration settings for you Simulink(TM) model, use the Inline Parameters option to configure how parameters are managed in the generated model. By selecting this option and adding workspace variables x and y to the export list, you can tune them from VeriStand.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,035 Views)

Thank you Jarrod.

I understood that configure Inline parameter option.
"Gain" and "Constant" etc basic blocks are working quite well with as parameter on veristand when I configured value of block to Inline veriable.(Value is "x")
However, Fcn(Function Block) and Subsystem block with mask are not visible on Veristand even thought I configured value to inline variable.
Do you know that Veristand do not recognised Simulink block?
For example, Veristand is recognize "x" to gain parameter when I configured value of gain block to "x". also, "x" is inlined.
but, If i configure expression of Fcn(Function block) to "x+1", Veristand didn't recognize and not visible "x" as parameter. "x" is also inlined too.
Please see below for reference.

Thank you.

figure.png

JunHee, Lee
CLA (Certified LabVIEW Architect)
WireLab Korea
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,019 Views)

Hi

We've been able to reproduce the behavior you are experiencing realshiner; however, the behavior is expected. Please note in MathWorks Help documentation under the Fcn topic, that the block's expression cannot be tuned in generated code. If you are not using the 'u' input variable, then it may be possible to tune that item at runtime.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,970 Views)