From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NumOfWarmupIters error on deploy

Hello,

we are migrating a Veristand 2011 setup to Versitand 2015 and have a quite big setup here and I was getting this error on deploy, so I created a smaller setup and managed to find out the cause.

This is the error we are getting:

The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:
Error -200452 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

Specified property is not supported by the device or is not applicable to the task.
=========================
NI VeriStand: Property Node DAQmx Real-Time (arg 1) in DAQ Engine.lvlib:AIAO DAQ Master Set Timing and Source.vi->DAQ Engine.lvlib:DAQ Set Timing and Source.vi->DAQ Engine.lvlib:DAQ_Init Devices.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:Initialize DAQ Data.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine State Machine.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine Wrapper (RT).vi <append>
Property: NumOfWarmupIters

Task Name: C3S17-AOCUR-1_AO

The original setup is a 4 chassis setup connected to a single controller workstation via MXI bridges, each chassis is sync to the others via a master DAQ device which exports the clock to the next.

The daisy chain is Chassis 3 -> Chassis 1 -> Chassis 2 -> Chassis 4.

Anyway, I verified that when I just have the master chassis hardware synchronization device (it is a 6225 ) and the 6704 card and the chassis timing is set to automatic, the setup deploys just fine.

As soon as I enable a master chassis hardware synchronization device to be the DAQ the deployment fails with the error above.

This seems to me a bug in the Veristand software when deploying a setup with 6704 cards because I then went back to the original big setup and disabled the 6704 cards from the system definition file the deplyoment was succesfull and the system started up correctly.

Please advise

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,560 Views)

Hi,

beyond that I have some questions:

-  what version of DAQmx did you have prior the upgrading?

-  Does the error only occur with the NI 6705 as Master device or is it possible to use another card as Master device for your timing?

-  Which hardware cards are used in your setup?

-  Did you change any hardware at the same time as the version upgrade?

Best regards,

Wolfgang

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,497 Views)

Sorry for the late reply. I contacted support right after posting this question and it has been upped to R&D, I'll let you know when they come back to me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,468 Views)