VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Veristand: Hardware Discovery Wizard

Hi All,

I have just installed NI Veristand 2012 to my NI-PXIe8135.

I have LabVIEW 2012. It shall be compatible and no issues.

When i try to use Hardware Discovery Wizard, i have got error message as in attachment.

Could someone please explain me what is it?

Thank you,

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,921 Views)

Hi Rajamodol,

i am pretty sure, that you're using the wrong DAQmx Version. You need DAQmx 9.6 to get this working. I had the same error with 9.5.5.

Please make an update.

Cheers,

Philip

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,894 Views)

This issue has been reported to engineering for further investigation (CAR# 386954). We have reproduced it internally, but only intermittently and rarely. Does this reproduce every time for you? Can you try launching the Hardware Discovery Wizard a few times, possibly from a few different nodes in the system definition (Target, Chassis, DAQ, etc.)?

I would guess that if you try a couple times, the Hardware Discovery Wizard will launch successfully, but please let us know.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,880 Views)

Hi Phips..

Thanks for your reply.

I have NI-DAQmx 9.6.1 on host and RT-Target.

@Jarrot_S

Yes, after re-open Veristand for 1-2 times, it works. I don't know why. I hope this issue could be resolved soon for Veristand 2012.

Regards,

Rajamodol

Message 4 of 5
(5,865 Views)

Hi there,

Had the same error the first 2 times I wanted to try that feature. After rebooting/relaunching VeriStand, it worked, and never got the error again so far. Looks like it's related to NI-System Configuration settings...

Eric M. - Senior Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer - Certified LabWindows™/CVI Developer
Neosoft Technologies inc.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,844 Views)