From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Veristand 2014 doesn't appear in MATLAB R2014a Code generation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I installed NI Veristand 2014 after installing MATLAB R2014a. I restarted my PC and tried to apply the sinewave example. I looked at code generation in Simulink model configuration parameters but couldn't find the NIVeristand option as illustrated in video. Here is a screenshot of system target file:

Capture.PNG

Did I miss installing something? That was my installation (since I need Veristand to compile MATLAB model):

Capture2.PNG

Thanks for your assistance in advance

Waleed El-Badry MSc.,MCPD, ISTQB Certified Tester
Assistant Lecturer
Mechatronics Department
Faculty of Engineering
Misr University for Science & Technology

View Waleed El-Badry's profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,489 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wbadry

Hi Waleed,

Unfortunately the behavior your are experiencing is a fault in our installer's auto-detection of MATLAB R2014a. The NI VeriStand 2014 node you see in the installer setup window is actually hiding several other unique options. The default selections should auto-select MATLAB support if MATLAB was successfully detected by our installer, unfortunately this procedure has failed.

To workaround this:

1. Relaunch the installer setup window
2. In the Features setup window (your second picture), left click on the image next to the NI VeriStand 2014 label
3. You should now be presented with the option, Install with customization - select this option.
4. Proceed with the installation, eventually you be presented with custom options for the VeriStand product.
5. In the VeriStand feature list, select the NI VeriStand 2014 Model Framework option
6. Proceed with the installation.

After this, restart MATLAB and then relaunch. If the installation was successful, on relaunch of  the MATLAB COmmand Window will print the string Initializing NI VeriStnad 2014. Please note that we've documented this issue and are making an effort to address it.

step1.pngstep2.png

Nestor
Message 2 of 8
(6,481 Views)

Thanks twice:

First for your fast reponse, and secondly for addressing the issue in this short period. You made my 5 years evangelizing LabVIEW worth it for me and my students.

Have a wonderful day.

Waleed El-Badry MSc.,MCPD, ISTQB Certified Tester
Assistant Lecturer
Mechatronics Department
Faculty of Engineering
Misr University for Science & Technology

View Waleed El-Badry's profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,448 Views)

Test bench have been upgraded LV and VS from 2011 to 2014. 

When I tried to run the system configuration tool.exe (system definition API file), I am facing load error.

1. We have 2014 Full development Version. (Before 2011)

2. LV model built in 2011 and Matlab model in 2009b

3. Error (see the image)

Its works well in other bench which has 2011 version's of LV and VS. But, why not its happening after upgrading. Can anyone help me with this.

Did I miss something during upgrade/installation from 2011 to 2014

Thanks in advcance

Chethan

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,872 Views)

Hello kschethan,

Have you tried opening the LabVIEW model in version 2014 and saving it again so that it essentially upconverts it to a LabVIEW 2014 file?

Erin D.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,836 Views)

Have you tried opening the LabVIEW model in version 2014 and saving it again so that it essentially upconverts it to a LabVIEW 2014 file?

Yes, I opened and saved it again in LV 2014. After this when tried to run the System definition Configuration tool - getting the same error as attached in previous posts. 

ksc

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,809 Views)

Than I suggest to work with a local support and discuss the possibile ways of help, because without more details, what are the errors in the vis, it is hard to recommend solution.

I see two problems at your screenshots

1) You need to recompile Engine simulation custom device from the source for the version 2014. You will have to recompile also the FPGA bitfile to be compatible with LV 2014

2) You will have to rebuild your CAT SysDef Configuration tool.exe. The problem here is probably, that the exe was build against NIVS 2011 .NET assemblies and some API calls changed, so it needs to be recompiled.

CLA, CTA, CLED

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,796 Views)

added some new custom devices and recompiled FPGA Bitfile according to latest version, but still I am facing same error and . Now, Its letting me to open the NI VS application.  I have attached the screen shot. Can anyone help me with this. 

ksc

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,763 Views)